Saturday, January 8, 2011

Who's The Lucky Girl? - Part II

     Continued from ---- Who's the lucky girl - I

 Over a couple of months the boy with the weird walk and I became really good friends.After our conversation he stopped giving me the rude attitude.I didn't understand why, yet I didn't ask him because I thought it must be a part of his weirdness.We started spending quite a lot of time during the college hours and having loads of fun.We had the perfect friendship that others also began to notice.As the days passed by I completely forgot about our conversation and the song he was writing.His weird accent soon faded off and I could see his normal side.
    A month later, it was a usual monsoon day.Our classes ended so we got to the parking lot to get our respective bikes and head home before the rains poured on us.A few drops of the rain fell on my head.I put my hands in my pocket to get my bike key, but it wasn't there!We looked for it everywhere but couldn't find it.I realised I must have left it in class, so the boy with the weird walk and I went running back to class as the rain drops started to become heavier.
    Just as we got inside the class it started raining cats and dogs.The monsoon days in my city are very unpredictable.One can never know when it will rain and for how long.In spite of being stuck in college because of the heavy rains, I was happy I found my bike key and being stuck wasn't all that bad because the boy with the weird walk was with  me for company.We were having our usual talks with a little bit of gossipping and a little bit of craziness.
    Then I saw his little green book, where he writes his songs, peeping from his bag.I suddenly remembered our first conversation and his unfinished song, and I grabbed it without telling him.He squealed like a little girl, why I didn't know.He tried grabbing it back but the prankster that I am, I held on to that notebook tight.
    He was still yelling, "Oh please!Give it back to me.Don't go through my book."
    I got to the page where he had written the song and I said "I see you have completed the song!I wanna read it" with a big smile.
     He started turning red like a tomato, still squealing and yelling at me.I had never seen him act this way and I was enjoying teasing him.I said "I still don't know who this song was for" and began reading the song loudly."My angel......".
     He turned even more red and finally gave up and bent his head down on the desk.After finishing the beautiful song I asked him "Why on earth are you blushing so much like a girl!I have never seen you like before".
     Then he said "because the girl I wrote the song for is reading it in front of me!!!".

- THE END -

2 comments: