Sunday, December 9, 2012

I AM NOT A REBEL

I am not a rebel
But what I feel is wrong is just not right.
How can I be expected to nod
When my soul is screaming out NO!
You think you have a hold over me
Just because of the years you own.
But my dear its not how long you have lived,
But how you have lived that counts.

My lack of years are made up by my soul
These eyes of mine see what you don't
What you push away as insignificant
Glows with its utmost shine in my eyes.
You put on a stern frown to show your authority
But I in smiles live,
Because what I see as life, you can comprehend never.

I have tried my best to show you
What secrets this life has revealed to me
But you ignore, avoid and overlook
Saying I am just a young rebel talking no sense.

You lay so much importance to petty things
And command I do so too.
But tell me my dear how can I?
How can I dedicate my life to petty things
When life waits for me with open arms.
I am not a rebel,
But I am a lover.
Thirsty for what life has to show to me.

I wish I had enough words
To make you understand what I mean.
I don't mean to offend, annoy or protest
But I cannot agree when my soul disagrees now can I?
You think what is in front of you is of importance,
But I know what is inside is more.
I am not a rebel,
But I am a lover
Only listening to my heart like all lovers do.

No comments:

Post a Comment